Station Master's Office
Downstairs, 1st Floor
This office was the center of operations for the station. Here tickets were purchased, luggage was processed and freight was shipped or received. Train arrival times and departures were announced when the Station Master shouted the information from the office's window to the passenger in the waiting area just outside the Station Master's office.
The original office had two desks, a small safe, and a sink in the northeast corner.
Items presently on display include an adding machine and a typewriter (YES, they still work); train tickets; dining car accoutrements; and a wooden water bucket used by the Irish Crew who laid the rails. Telephone, hand-signal lamp, railroad lamp glass, and daily reports from 1954 are also included.